Monday, February 21, 2011

Sweet-and-Sour Prawns with Vegetables

For Christmas this year I got a huge Calphalon wok and my mother gave me the cookbook Great Tastes Stir-Fry published by Bay Books. This cook book has over 150 stir-fry recipes that incorporate everything from vegetarian entrees to lamb. Each chapter of the book features multiple recipes from different protein sources: vegetarian, seafood, chicken, pork, lamb and beef.

I made the Sweet-and-Sour Prawns with Vegetables recipe as a make-ahead meal. I followed all of the directions suggested from the cookbook with the exception of the preparation of the shrimp. The book recommends using uncooked shrimp and de-veining them. I used cooked de-veined shrimp because I would rather pay a little more and skip this whole step.

To re-heat this recipe, you can heat the shrimp and vegetable mixture in a sauce pan or in the microwave until it reaches 165 degrees. I serve this stir-fry over jasmine rice; for best results, cook the rice while re-heating the stir-fry so it is moist and sticky.

No comments:

Post a Comment